Monday, June 11, 2007

Good to know...

Lending a little weight to my idea that the predinsone will kill me before the remicade does:

TNF Blockers for Rheumatoid Arthritis - Infection Risk Assessed in Older Patients

"Researchers looked for serious bacterial infections that required hospitalization. According to study results published in the June 2007 issue of Arthritis and Rheumatism, no increased risk of serious bacterial infections was found among users of TNF blockers compared with methotrexate users. Glucocorticoid use, however, showed a dose-dependent increase in serious bacterial infections."

Of course, this doesn't account for strange random stuff like fungal infections and sitting next to a lawyer with a deadly strand of TB on a cross Atlantic flight. Still, it's strangely reassuring to know the medicine I've been on and off of for most of my life is more dangerous than the big ol' dose of mouse protein I got put in my arm today.

I blogged while getting IVed, but the post was eaten somewhere in the internets.
Probably for the best.

Second IV down.

Haven't spontaneously combusted yet.

No comments: