Thursday, December 20, 2007

No luck

So, no luck on the alphasmart quiz applet. I think we have to buy it. The alphasmarts we have, 3000s, are so old that I think they'd just GIVE it to us. I will research more though.

I did get to take home the interwrite pad that I used to bore my husband as I tried to force him to do second grade math on my laptop by using the bluetooth connection and sitting across the room. He was NOT impressed.

I think there is a lot of potential with these things. I wish the interface weren't so fragile -- that pen will last two seconds in A.'s mouth -- but I think it might really help the "lost between keyboard and screen" syndrome that so many students have. It's why the kids in the special ed class just pound on the computer and mouse -- they like flash games where they don't have to look down, put their fingers on a few keys, and pound like madmen to make something happen.

I wish I could transform the pad into a touch or switch interface.

No Lesley.
Bad techie.
No messing with someone else's hundreds of dollars of technology.

I will not use a screwdriver. I will not not use a screwdriver. I will be good. I will be good.

No comments: